Image freeze while changing sequence

Christie Pandoras Box Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Pandoras Box you are using. If your question is related to hardware, please state if you are using coolux hardware (which one) or if you built your own.

Image freeze while changing sequence

Postby mayank1418 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:31 pm

Hello All,
Has anyone in this forum ever come acrossed of image freeze while changing from Sequence 1 to 2 using Datapath E-1/2s card?

If i am working on more than 1 timeline using Datapath Vision RGB E-1s/E-2s capture card, while jumping from timeline which has only datapath card on it to other timeline which has some video content then it holds the frame of moving content for 1 sec and then resumes playback.

Lets say my seq 1 has only datapath card on a graphic layer & when i switch to seq 2 which has some video content on layer 1 then what i am experiencing it holds the frame of seq 2 for 1 second and then resumes playback.
This only happens if i stop or fade out my seq 1 which has only datapath card on a graphic layer. And if i do not stop or fade out my seq 1 then there is no problem. Video plays normally without any freeze frame.

Any suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Mayank
mayank1418

Re: Image freeze while changing sequence

Postby Benni_M » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Sounds like performance issue when you unload the capture card.
Try to keep the datapath. Don’t go out of the container. I saw it long time ago.

What are the specs from the Maschine?

Cheers,
Benni
Benni_M

Postby malkuth23 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

This is a problem I see with some input cards. You just have to keep it loaded... The good thing is, live input cards can be on graphic layers, so just dedicate a layer and keep it there.

I also think you can just put the input card across your whole project at 0 opacity on a dedicated layer, then hide that layer and program the rest of your show like it is normal using containers etc. As long as the input is loaded on one layer, you can start and stop the same live input on another layer.

Good luck.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby mayank1418 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:17 am

Benni_M wrote:Sounds like performance issue when you unload the capture card.
Try to keep the datapath. Don’t go out of the container. I saw it long time ago.

What are the specs from the Maschine?

Cheers,
Benni

Hello Benni,
Well i don't think this is related to specs of the machine because freezing issue is only happening on the Datapath cards only and not with any other cards.
I have tested the same with Blackmagic & Avermedia cards.

Thanks
Mayank Parashar
mayank1418

Postby mayank1418 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:32 am

malkuth23 wrote:This is a problem I see with some input cards. You just have to keep it loaded... The good thing is, live input cards can be on graphic layers, so just dedicate a layer and keep it there.

I also think you can just put the input card across your whole project at 0 opacity on a dedicated layer, then hide that layer and program the rest of your show like it is normal using containers etc. As long as the input is loaded on one layer, you can start and stop the same live input on another layer.

Good luck.

Hello Mathew,
I got it of loading the Datapath card on to a dedicated layer all the time during the show.
Can you elaborate of starting and stopping the same live input on another layer setup?

Thanks
mayank1418

Postby malkuth23 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:11 am

Perhaps we are talking about different issues, but my screen would "stall" for a moment when the live input was being loaded or unloaded.

Therefore, I would simply keep the live input loaded all the time. It would be loaded before the show started and stay loaded after. I did this on a layer with an opacity of 0, so it was not seen by the audience.

Then, if I loaded the live input on a different layer, I would not see the issue. It only happened when the input was loaded on the first layer or when the input was unloaded from all the layers. It will also appear if you reload the input in the inspector.
Matthew Newman-Saul
Theatrical Concepts
mattns@theatrical.com
malkuth23

Postby mayank1418 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:21 am

malkuth23 wrote:Perhaps we are talking about different issues, but my screen would "stall" for a moment when the live input was being loaded or unloaded.

Therefore, I would simply keep the live input loaded all the time. It would be loaded before the show started and stay loaded after. I did this on a layer with an opacity of 0, so it was not seen by the audience.

Then, if I loaded the live input on a different layer, I would not see the issue. It only happened when the input was loaded on the first layer or when the input was unloaded from all the layers. It will also appear if you reload the input in the inspector.

Hello Mathew,
Thanks alot for your suggestion.
Your trick worked for me also. I did the same method and yeah the problem is now solved.

Thanks & warm regards,
Mayank Parashar
Visual Fantasies
mayank1418

Return to Pandoras Box V6