KUMO Routers with Widget

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

KUMO Routers with Widget

Postby chrisr » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:03 pm

All, just tossing this out there. Has anyone had success triggering a KUMO router via TCPSend? Reading the documentation they have is a bit convoluted. Also, they say they use Grass Valley Protocol. I've tried some different strings to no avail. Still plugging away. But if someone has successfully done this, could you maybe point me in the right direction?

I can connect successfully, but have not had any luck getting a response out of the KUMO router.

There is a successful connection with connection manager. The AJA manual leads me to believe that the string would be in an ASCII format, while the Grass Valley protocol seems to say Hex/Dec format.

http://grassvalley.jp/pdf/RoutingProduc ... nual_2.pdf

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any insight to this.

Have a great week!!!
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Re: KUMO Routers with Widget

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:00 pm

Hello Chris,

Because the RCL protocol requires a checksum, client generated message_id and sequence_id you probably won't be able to construct those messages on the fly using scripting (it's very tricky)

Regards
Dennis

On a side note: I wrote a quick intro to datatypes and some network related stuff, feedback appreciated!

[Networking Series 1/3] Decimal, Binary and Hexadecimal
[Networking Series 2/3] Bits, Bytes and more
[Networking Series 3/3] Text Character Sets & Encoding
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby justyn roy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:05 am

Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Postby chrisr » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Dennis - Justyn,

Thanks gents for the speedy reply. Justyn, I thought I searched the entire site for Kumo, but I guess I didnt. Thanks for the link. This will keep me busy for a bit.
Dennis, yes thank you for confirming about the RCL protocol, and its requirements. Additionally I will read your data types and Networking intro documents. Thanks for passing this along. I need all the help I can get!!

Best

Chris
Thank You

ChrisR
SurfacePro3 - 2GHz i5 - 4GB ram - Windows 10 Pro - WD Pro 4.7 Rev2500 and WD v6
Sager Laptop - Intel 2.4GHz i7 3630QM - 16GB ram - Windows 7 Pro Svc Pack1 - Offline Manager v6
chrisr

Return to Widget Designer V6