Web API for AirScan

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

Web API for AirScan

Postby rotherjo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:16 am

Hello everyone,

i want to use the AirScan (www.coolux.de/products/airscan/) as big touchscreen, so i need to get the info about touches from the device.
For this, i use the Widget Designer (Pro) 6.0.5 on my Windows 10 (64 bit) to connect to the AirScan.

What i have done so far in the WD:
- connected the AirScan (under Devices -> AirScan) and set it up
- added Nodes (under Nodes -> Input -> Devices -> AirScan Multi.Point)
("Configure Node" shows me touches from the device)
- i see my interface from WD in the browser

What i want:
- an api to get the detected points from the AirScan and change the settings

The tutorial videos are all about using devices in other PB components, so i am kinda stuck and hope someone can help with the last steps.
I found no guide in this forum to follow, so i appreciate any help.

Have a nice day,
Johannes

PS: Is there a way to directly connect to the AirScan without the WD ?
rotherjo

Re: Web API for AirScan

Postby justyn roy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:39 am

There is a way to connect to the Airscan without WD, yes.
But you'll just be receiving raw data.

What are you trying to control?

There is the possibility to send TUIO from the Airscan Tool.

Would this work for you?
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Postby rotherjo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi Justyn,

this would work pretty well for me, as i intend to show a website at a wall or very big screen and control it via the AirScan and touches in the air.
At least this is the vague plan for now or better call it a starting point for further ideas.

In the WD i found the options to forward what comes from the AirScan, but when i close the WD, the forwarding also stops. I have the IP and port that WD uses to connect with the device, so i think i dont need the WD anymore. If i can use the TUIO library i should be fine now.

Thanks for your hint on TUIO :D
rotherjo

Postby rotherjo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Are you sure that there is a way to not use the WD but get data from the Airscan ?
I was looking around in the TUIO library and couldnt find something to connect to the AirScan directly.
TuioServer and TuioClient both need a port, but i saw nothing to connect to another IP.

I found a simple TUIOListener (github.com/gregharding/TUIOListener) which gives me all data that i need. If you mean outputs like
198 Object Added 10/2:0.5108514,0.4567669 0.000
when you say "raw data", it is exactly what i am looking for :D
rotherjo

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:34 pm

When he says RAW Data he means raw sensor data.
Not Touch Data or anything else like that, It means you need to implement the complete logic of interpreting the sensor data.
It also means that we can give you no further information about that process or help you in any way with that. Sorry.

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby justyn roy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Yes, you must keep the Widget Designer open to continue to forward the information on to any other software.

You must also keep the Dongle plugged into the machine that is doing this processing.

And what Daniel means is that you can develop your own software to process this information if you'd like to not use the Widget Designer.

If you open the Airscan Tool in the Widget, you can see an example of what the Airscan provides to external software - the yellow field showing when it has detected an object.

Regards,
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Return to Widget Designer V6