Jog / Shuttle Widget script command

Christie Widget Designer Version 6 - Q&A

Moderator: Moderator Group

Forum rules
When asking make sure to include the operating system and the revision of Widget Designer you are using.

Jog / Shuttle Widget script command

Postby gestin » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:37 pm

Hello,
I don't have a physical controller, however I need to be able, via the widget, to speed up the playhead of my sequence slightly. Is there a script that exists to easily accomplish this. I imagine being able to do this with a button or a fader.

thank you
gestin

Re: Jog / Shuttle Widget script command

Postby justyn roy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:39 am

Hi!

Yes! You can easily do this without the hardware - even with the free version of Widget Designer!

I've created one fader and attached it to "Site 2" "Layer 1" - you can set this on the "Devices" line.
I've set the maximum of the fader to 159 - which is about 200% (or double) the playback speed.
You can adjust this max and the minimum as needed so you won't go too fast or too slow using this fader.

fader-speed control.png

I hope this helps.
Also, the helpfile has quite a lot of great info on how to use Faders inside of Widget Designer.
That page can be found here:
https://www.coolux.de/root/downloads/support/Documentation/Helpfile/#fader.htm

Let me know how it goes!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justyn Roy

Online Manual
justyn roy

Postby gestin » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:51 am

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

However, this is not what I am trying to do.

I'm not trying to speed up the media by a layeur, but I would like to speed up the sequence playhead to get to a sequence cue faster without skipping through the different media being played. Something which is done naturally with the hardware controller having the Jog / Shuttle.

Thank you
gestin

Postby Daniel Kaminski » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:29 pm

Hmm,
interesting Idea.

You can try to build something with nodes and readout seq pos and create a loop that jumps forward all the time.

Audio will be a problem.

Feels like there needs to be a smarter way to do this.
What exactly is the reason, why you need it. Can you run the content in Freerun?

Daniel
--
Daniel Kaminski
Pandoras Box Expert
Daniel Kaminski

Postby gestin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Hello

The show of 2 hours and 15 minutes and a sea with clouds, from sunrise to sunset and the projection is made behind the actors. So we can't jump in the image without it being seen. For simplicity of control during the rehearsals, in order to be able to readjust precisely to find the desired color and brightness, we could not put ourselves in free run (the video images have a great influence on the light of the commedians).

So we wanted to be able to easily and discreetly be able to vary the reading speed of the reading head of the sequence to be able, in the event of a delay, to catch up to the desired rhythm.

thank you
gestin

Return to Widget Designer V6