5.5 Warper is completely broken when it comes to 3ds

Warper & Mapping related questions

Moderator: Moderator Group

5.5 Warper is completely broken when it comes to 3ds

Postby yrokhlin » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:40 pm

I can't even export a .3ds to .x in warper any more??

The option is physically missing, even when in export mode.. How can coolux ship such broken software??? 5.3 the option is still there, but of course I can't import my 5.5 files in to 5.3 (because that would be too convenient.)

I have tried every export option possible in 5.5 with no luck, pandora can't even read it I get a red exclamation mark on the icon.

I requested the beta version that supposedly solves this issue, and no response from Coolux other than a "we will get back to you soon canned e-mail" and they never contacted me again. This is becoming beyond frustrating, please either release a fix ASAP or respond to your customers e-mails.
yrokhlin

Re: 5.5 Warper is completely broken when it comes to 3ds

Postby cyeary » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:27 pm

I think it is in the export all function.
Cameron Yeary
Unlimited Visibility, Inc.
cyeary

Postby yrokhlin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:38 am

I have systematically tried everything, called Coolux California, they were experiencing the same issues.

Broken software is hopelessly broken.

My advice to any one doing anything remotely complex DO NOT UPGRADE TO 5.5 it is on par with a early beta release in terms of stability and bugs-- it's like there was absolutely no testing done for this release.

Right now Pandora is destroying my timeline every time I save and restart it--- FIX YOUR SOFTWARE COOLUX.
yrokhlin

Postby Mike Steinbrecher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:51 am

Hello Yevgeniy,

Martina got your mail on Sep 24 at 3:47pm( GMT +1 ), she pasted it into our ticket system and you got a respond from her at Sep 24 at 4:12pm ( GMT +1).
So just 25min after we got your mail !

In that mail she wrote the following:
--------------------
Hello Yevgeniy,

I have forwarded your request to our support mail address, please feel free to write to this mail address if you have technical questions as it could be that I am not in the office.

Regarding the new beta Warper, I have attached it to this mail. We have done a few more changes since then but currently there is no newer beta version available.
Please extract the attached zip into the Pandoras Box Rev xy folder (in the program path).

If you have further questions, please reply to this ticket.

Martina Protze

Technical Support
---------------------

Maybe that mail got stuck in your spam folder?
In that mail was also a new beta version of the warper.
This post here I will also sent you as another email and you will now find a download link for the new warper if the file is to big for your mail space.

Also this treat here you opened on Sep 26th at 11:40pm and now Sep 27. 10:30am you get a respond from us ( Coolux Germany ).
Also on your other treat you got an answer from my colleague right now.
Please tell me who did you talk to at Coolux California?

This should be enough about that topic now. Let´s get back to your problem.
In your last post in this threat you wrote that Version 5.5 is broken and you write about save and restart problems and that your timeline is destroyed
The behavior you are talking about is critical and we have to find why that happens.

Please tell us:
What kind of hardware are you using?
What kind of Windows? Xp or Win 7 ?
Which Rev are you using?
Please sent us all your log files and show files.
Please explain your setup up and how does the mistake happen so that we hopefully can quickly reproduce your case and can help you.
Please sent it all to support@coolux.de ( but you will get this post from that mail address in a minute, so you just have to respond ).

Just in case we will also sent this as a mail to the email address on your webpage.

Best regards

Mike
---------------------------------------------
Mike Steinbrecher
Technical Sales Manager
Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik

Christie Digital Systems | http://www.christiedigital.com| Richard-Byrd-Strasse 19 | 50829 Koeln | Germany
Mike Steinbrecher

Postby Mike Steinbrecher » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:56 am

HI,

which Rev of 3ds max are you using?
In the Version 2013 there were problems with the export files of 3ds files.
Do you have the newest updates of 3ds max?
With the 2014 Versions of 3ds max it works.

Best regards

Mike
---------------------------------------------
Mike Steinbrecher
Technical Sales Manager
Meister für Veranstaltungstechnik

Christie Digital Systems | http://www.christiedigital.com| Richard-Byrd-Strasse 19 | 50829 Koeln | Germany
Mike Steinbrecher

Postby Sam Kriemelmeyer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 pm

sounds like a car forum in here.

please allow me to speak as to the actions from the US that have been taken on this matter.

first of all, we recommend training by coolux training staff to all people using our software. there are many classes every month across the world.

upon contact with this client, within 20 minutes of initial contact, i had given support in the form of alternate versions of warper. v80, v100, v111, and v118 in versions 8071,8499RC,8736 and 8790 respectively. my advice was to test things before spending hours on them as well as save frequently and often. this was all general help tips as i have noticed like the user says, some incompatibilities with certain exports of .3ds files.

i then followed up with an email asking how it went. the client stated that he had re-warped in v88 successfully.

the best thing you can do is test your entire workflow before you get onsite. it is common for clients to send coolux examples of .wav, .3ds, and other packet type file formats that should play nice but don't for some reason or another. sometimes there is header or extra info in these file types that we cant use or parse correctly. given time we can then analyze why they don't work and introduce more versatile acceptance of these file types in future versions.

its fun being on the cutting edge of technology! thank you for reading.
Sam Kriemelmeyer
Theatrical Concepts
samk@theatrical.com
Sam Kriemelmeyer

Return to Warping