Changing pages in Web Server

Moderator: Moderator Group

Changing pages in Web Server

Postby JustynR » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:06 am

I haven't been able to change pages in a browser using the web server.

I create a button that changes the page (WDPageGoto,pagetwo) for example - the button is pushed in the browser but nothing happens in the browser - only WD changes pages.

I have "Publish as a web page" checked in the page options, I have exported it as an HTML (even though I'm not editing it).
I have even copied the page change command into the Web Click area of the Custom Script button.

I have tried this on PRO and ULT with no luck.

And I believe that STD is only allowed to have 1 page as an HTML, is that correct?

Cheers,
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Re: Changing pages in Web Server

Postby Jason Riordan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Hey,

The install I did at Fort Henry has 5 pages all driven from a webpage using an iPad and has been going strong now for over 5 months. Double check that there are no pop up blockers enabled and anything else in the browser. Also try using it with another machine completely (which I'm sure you've already done but just mentioning ;) ). If you need a second set of eyes, drop me a line and I'll have a look.

Jason.
Jason Riordan
pixel magic design Inc.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jason Riordan

Postby Dennis Kuypers » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi,

open the button's properties menu and scroll down. You can enter a page name (+.wdml) in the Web Link URL section.

Best regards
Dennis
Dennis Kuypers
(former Product Developer, Software)
Dennis Kuypers
coolux Germany

Postby JustynR » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:37 am

Thanks guys!

That worked Dennis!
So simple... makes a lot of sense now...

Cheers,
Justyn Roy
Toronto Ontario Canada
JustynR

Postby Martina Protze » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 am

Hi
in addition to what Dennis wrote you can use other commands

WDPage commands the WD application. If you like to change the page in a session there are other ones that command the Browser
these 3 ways are currently accessible for Rev 489

you can use these 2 commands in a CS button in the normal click field (the button does not need to have multisession values itself)
WDWebServerSendAllBrowserToPage,2
or
WDWebServerSendSessionToPage,192.168.2.100,2
for the last one you need to know the session IP. you cannot ask for it with a synched button.
If I had a project, I’d make a list with all possible IP’s and would give them names and use these variables in the commands

The third possibility:
You can ask with a CS button that has multisession values, so activate the multisession mode and write into the web click script
WDWebServerSendSessionToPage,senderip,2

as soon as the button is clicked by a web instance, the variable “senderip” is filled with valid information. In fact, senderip is a so called session value.

You have to put the button to multisession because only than it can ask the session what its IP is, hold the value and tell it to the main WD. In return the main WD sends the session where the button was clicked to another page

if you put the same command into the normal click field, it won’t work as the main WD is not a web session

More detailed background information in the manual
Member and Session Values
Variables
Custom Script Button
Web Server

Best regards,
Martina Protze
Technical Support, Pandoras Box and Widget Designer
Martina Protze

Return to Widget Designer V4.7